A close-up photo of a single bud of decarbed Teslin.
- 30 grams or 1 ounce of decarbed cannabis. (I chose a strain called Teslin.)
- A 500 ml bottle or 2 cups of MCT coconut oil.
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower lecithin.
- A Magical Butter Machine.
- A large bowl.
- A fine mesh strainer.
- A funnel.
(This is a photo of the 30 grams or 1 ounce of Teslin, I decarbed and a Magical Butter Machine.)
To Make a MCT coconut oil infusion:
1. Place 30 grams or 1 ounce of decarbed bud into a magical butter machine.
2. Add 2 tbsp of sunflower lecithin.
3. Add 500 ml of MTC coconut oil.
4. Set the lid and plug the machine in.
5. Select the temperature button for 160 degrees F and then select the 8 hour button.
6. Run the Magical Butter Machine for 8 hours. (I let it sit another 4 hours so that all the cannabis pulp will settle to the bottom, making it easier to strain.)
7. Filtre the MCT infused coconut oil through a fine mesh strainer.
8. Using a funnel, pour your strained MCT infused coconut oil into an amber glass storage bottle. (I always re-use the amber glass bottle that the MCT coconut oil originally came in.)
The cannabis infused MCT coconut oil can be stored in a room-temperature cupboard. It doesn’t need to be refrigerated. It will last indefinitely as long as it’s not exposed to light. It can be consumed straight from the bottle, put into capsules or used to make an edible. It is extremely versatile.
Please do not throw out the cannabis pulp or sand that you filtered off. It’s still psychoactive and is wonderful to add to cookie or cake batter. 😉