There are foods that share similar terpene profiles with that of the herb cannabis. If you eat these foods about 45 minutes before you plan on ingesting cannabis, you will achieve a stronger effect from the cannabis and those effects will last longer. This process is referred to as the entourage effect and it is still being extensively studied so that we can use science to explain how and why it works…exactly.
Here’s a quick list of foods that ultimately prime the cannabinoid (cb1 and cb2) receptors of our endocannabinoid systems:
- hemp seeds and hemp seed oil
- and green tea
It’s not an exclusive list. These are just some commonly known foods that contain components that bind to the same receptor sites that the cannabinoids found in cannabis do. These foods prime the receptor sites and prepare them to absorb the cannabis plant medicine, once it’s ingested. In effect, the consumption of these foods make the absorption of cannabis more efficient.
I made my Paleo Entourage Salad using the following ingredients:
- 1/2 a head of a large Romain lettuce, washed and torn into small pieces;
- 8 cherry tomatoes, sliced in equal thirds;
- 10 black Kalamata olives, sliced in equal thirds;
- 1/2 a medium size raw beet, diced into bite size pieces;
- 1/2 a mango, diced into bite size pieces;
- a tbsp of crumbled feta cheese;
- a 1/4 of a orange pepper, diced into bite size pieces;
- 1/2 a cooked chicken breast, seasoned with fresh lemon, oregano, thyme and garlic;
- 1 tbsp of hemp seeds;
- and 1.5 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil, drizzled over the top.
This salad is on the large size. You could easily serve it as a side dish or as a starter for 4 people.
I ate the whole thing, myself.
Then, I chased it down with 1.5 tsp of cannabis infused medium chain triglyceride coconut oil. The strain I used was Banana Platinum Kush and I could feel the happiness of this strain, descending upon me within the hour. This will carry me right through the night for the next 8 hours and let me sleep like the dead. Tomorrow, I will wake-up totally refreshed and able to physically work a solid 10 hour day.
I tell you, it brings a whole new meaning to the words “HAPPY HOUR”.